The Influence Of The Sea On The Health Of The Feet

The Influence Of The Sea On The Health Of The Feet

Since ancient times, sea water has been known to have beneficial effects on both physical and mental health, and today it is even easier to incorporate this knowledge into routine care. Everyone is already aware of how beneficial sea water is for the respiratory system, but did you know that this is not all its advantages?

Since ancient times, people have been aware of the healing powers of the sea and sea water. When writing about their potential for treating illnesses, Euripides also mentioned them, and Hippocrates did not ignore the healing potential of the sea. Galen was the first to discuss the therapeutic benefits of the salt vapor in sea air.

96.5% of seawater is made up of pure water, and the remaining 3.5% is made up of salts, dissolved salts, and organic materials. All the elements on the periodic table are present in sea water, which is a mineral solution, along with trace elements like potassium, silicon, copper, bromine, silicon, sulphur, and boron. It also contains phytoplankton and zooplankton, which release organic substances with antibiotic, hormonal, and bacteriostatic properties in addition to these significant components. Amino acids, mineral salts, and vitamins are also present.

Did you know that thalassotherapy, a seawater treatment, exists? The use of the physical and chemical properties of the sea in healing and rehabilitation is known as thalassotherapy. Due to the stimulating effects of air temperature, humidity, and wind speed, sea treatments are effective. In our coastal cities, a method of treatment that uses heated sea water to rejuvenate skin cells, remove dead skin cells from the top layer of skin, enrich skin with minerals, and remove toxins is very common. Utilizing fresh seawater encourages the body and water to exchange minerals and toxins. It was Rene Quinton who made thalassotherapy popular.

But now let’s get back to the main question: how does the sea impact the health of legs and feet? Since the sea has both antibacterial and antifungal qualities because of the sea salt, it greatly aids in the treatment of fungus-related skin conditions. Therefore, if you suffer from athlete’s foot or any other fungal disease, take advantage of the chance to cool off in the crystal-clear sea!
Back to blog

Featured collection